by Mary Kaye Dolan-Anderson, Poughkeepsie Journal, link to original post
Now that spring is officially here, the Office for the Aging’s Senior Walking and Biking Groups will be kicking off again beginning April 1.
Each Monday through Friday at 9:30 a.m., seniors will be meeting to either walk or bike at locations around Dutchess county. Everyone is invited to join any of the groups — there is no need to register, just show up and walk or bike at your own pace. Either way, you’ll enjoy the many health benefits that come with regular exercise. The walks are canceled in the event of heavy rain.
Volunteers are needed to be co-leaders at each of the walks. If you are interested, please call 845-486-2555. The weekly schedule will be as follows:
• Mondays at Harlem Valley Rail Trail (Meet at the Amenia trailhead.)
• Tuesdays at Walkway Over the Hudson (Meet at the Washington Street entrance.)
• Wednesdays at Dutchess Rail Trail (Meet in the rear of Gold’s Gym parking lot.) Group meets at 9 a.m.
• Thursdays at Dutchess Rail Trail (Meet at the Hopewell Depot trailhead.)
• Fridays at Dutchess Rail Trail (Meet at the Morgan Lake trailhead.)
Mary Kaye Dolan-Anderson is director, Dutchess County Office for the Aging. Senior News is prepared by the Dutchess County Office for the Aging, 27 High St., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. It appears every Sunday.